The GripGrab Ride Thermal Long Sleeve Base Layer is your go-to option for all winter activities, from cycling to running or skiing. The base layer uses a two-layer polyblend fabric mix, to provide outstanding thermal regulation, a super soft next-to-skin feel and fantastic wicking capabilities and breathability.
The garment has special Polygiene® treatment applied, to make it more resistant to odour build-up, so you can wash it less, wear it more.
• Polygiene® anti-odour fabric treatment
• Ideal for cold to mild conditions
• Lightly compressing fit
• Machine wash 30°C
• Do not bleach
• Do not iron
• Do not tumble dry
• Do not wring
This base layer is the ideal choice for the rider who heads out every day, providing comfort and performance wear after wear.
When your ride comes to an end, hang your base layer to dry, don’t just throw it in the washing machine. To keep it fresh and odour-free, this base layer features Polygiene® treatment; the 'Wear More. Wash Less®' technology uses silver ions to reduce the build-up of odour-inducing bacteria.
Why should I wear a base layer for winter cycling?
1. The first reason is the most obvious: we layer up when it is cold, whether that is for a 100km bike ride or a walk to the shops.
2. The second way in which a winter cycling base layer can keep you warm and comfortable happens once you have worked up a bit of a sweat. That sweat, by its very nature, has a cooling effect that is very welcome on a hot summer's day but can soon be a problem in the winter months. A sweaty torso will quickly be chilled by a long descent following a hard climb, but a moisture-wicking base layer will move perspiration away from the skin to reduce any discomfort caused by the rapid cooling effect of sweat.
3. Finally, a base layer provides additional comfort in the winter months by preventing irritation potentially caused by the seams of a winter jacket or jersey.