Designer at GripGrab
Would it motivate you to be part of a company with a mission to inspire and enable athletes to live an active lifestyle? And to combine your job with your passion for sport? Then read on.
GripGrab is a brand that inspires and enables athletes to be active and stay comfortable in all conditions. We are considered a high-end brand in the European cycling industry and our products are sold by more than 800 leading retailers both online and offline. We consist of a strong team of dedicated people who work for the same mission every day - and we are looking for a new colleague to strengthen the team.
We are looking for a designer to join our development department at the headquarters in Copenhagen. The successful candidate will be part of a small team working on the design and development of new and existing products within the GripGrab portfolio.
You will be part of a team, but will also work on tasks/projects individually, so you should be self-motivated and have a proactive approach. You will work closely with our regional office and be in direct contact with manufacturers and suppliers.
We are constantly trying to push our products to the next level, so it is important that you have a good eye for detail and can look critically at your own work. Working with products at GripGrab means that you will be part of the test team.
A general interest and knowledge about fashion and a sense of trends within sport in general and cycling and running in particular is an advantage on our journey to stretch the brand to include new product categories.
- Conduct various types of research to support new developments and ideas
- Collection and managing of user input
- Design and development of products and product packaging
- Develop production specifications (tech-packs) that can be passed onto manufacturers
- Communication with product and packaging suppliers
- Writing briefs for collaboration with external designers
- Keeping the department tidy and well-organized
- Support customer team with product information
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in fashion/industrial design or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience designing and developing soft-goods products
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a take-charge attitude with a focus on problem resolution
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and experience in working with Adobe Software CC, especially Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
- Visualization/communication of concepts and ideas
- Basic understanding of MS Office
- Knowledge in pattern making or working with patterns for garments
- Working experience with sportswear
- Working experience with graphic design
- Affinity with cycling, running or other sport activities
Starting date: 01.08.2018
Do you have what it takes and are you interested in the job?
Please submit your application before June 21st, 2018 by filling out the application form using this direct link: https://gripgrab.formstack.com/forms/application_designer_for_gripgrab